Berries and other fresh produce might be a bit behind, but we still have a little spark of summer going on here at LloydMartin.
We do have lots of fresh porcini mushrooms and some morel mushrooms from Alaska. Local salmon is also making an appearance on our menu. The lamb from Aspen Hollow Farms, which we have had on-and-off here at LloydMartin for awhile now, is back! We’ll be using that in a delicious sausage dish of some kind … Chef Sam Crannell hasn’t quite decided on the details yet, though.
And don’t miss out on some delicious strawberries from Ferndale, WA while they’re here!
Our bar is in a transition right now, so there isn’t anything particularly new to report there, but we do have some excellent white wines we’d like to mention…
- Elemental Cellars Auxerrois Zenith Vineyard 2012
- Witness Tree Pinot Blanc 2011
- Gramona Gessami 2012
- Joh. Jos. Prüm 2011 Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling
- Ganzo Pinot Grigio 2012
- Carabella Vineyard Chardonnay 2008
- DeLille Cellars Chaleur Estate 2012
- Montgravet Côtes de Gascogne 2012
- La Colombera da Piet Carlo Semino Bricco Bartolomeo
- Sparkman Lumière Chardonnay 2008
- Lobo Hills PGR White Blend 2013
White wines are excellent for sipping and pairing with foods during the summer season, and they are often very complex and some even have more depth than red wines! White wine is really where it’s at when the weather gets warm, and the seasonal food as such bright flavors (asparagus, peas, etc.). All of these wines are really nice with the food we’re cooking, too.
Upcoming LloydMartin Events:
We’re calling it a Seattle Tour of Food & Fancy, where LloydMartin and Chef Sam will be participating in foodie happenings all around the city and beyond! Check out the lineup:
- Queen Anne Farmer’s Market Chef Demo – Thursday, June 19th
- The Bite Cooks! With Thierry Rautureau at Bite of Seattle – Sunday, July 20th (3-4 p.m.)
- Guest Dinner at Bella Luna Farms – Sunday, August 17th*
- Cooking with Class Benefit Dinner – Sunday, August 31st*
- Guest Dinner at the VUDE with Hand of God Wines – Sunday, September 7th*
* Stay tuned for more details
A Special Note: We’d like to take a moment in this blog post to mention how important it is for us and other local businesses that you shop, dine, and enjoy your neighborhood shops and restaurants. Without your continued strong support, we will cease to exist! Thank you for supporting LloydMartin, and we hope you will continue to do so, and recommend us to your friends as well!